- 750ml delicious red wine
-A couple of strips of lemon zest
- 2 star anise (Save time and use Pepper & Me wine sachet)
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cloves
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- Optional: 100mls sloe gin.
1. Pour the wine, lemon and sugar into a large saucepan and heat gently (not boil).
2. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Once dissolved, remove from the heat and leave to infuse for half an hour.
4. When you're ready to enjoy, add the gin if you fancy and warm it (without boiling).
5. Pour into heatproof glasses or mugs and share the warmth.
HOT TIP: You can keep any leftover mulled wine in the fridge for 24 hours but any longer isn't recommended as the lemon zest may start to ferment.