At Vineonline we respect your privacy and any contact information you provide is only used to advise you when we have special deals on offer.
Your payment details are processed on a secure payment page and are completely confidential.
We will never share your details with anyone else and will never spam you with any information, although we may from time to time share any special offers from our related business partners. We do collect web based traffic information regarding visitors to the site for the purpose of site analysis and to make sure it is working.
We may update you as to the status of your order by using the contact information you provided to us during registration (or subsequently updated by you).
You have the right under the Privacy Act 1993 to access any mailing information held and to correct or delete any information from our mailing lists.
You can do this by sending an e-mail request to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background of our Policy
In New Zealand, there are restricted products that have an R18 age restriction such as alcohol. Customers will need to demonstrate they are over 18 years of age before they are permitted to purchase any of these restricted products.
It is our responsibility to ensure that the sale of alcohol is restricted to meet all legislative requirements and we have a duty of care for our customers.
It is also illegal to make a false declaration of age in order to purchase liquor. As required by law, Vineonline.co.nz requires you to confirm that you, or the person you are purchasing for are 18 years of age or over.
Heavy fines and other penalties can be issued for selling restricted products to:
- a minor
- a person buying restricted products for a minor (secondary supply)
- intoxicated persons
As a company we must be aware of, and be responsible for, every sale of a restricted product before authorising it – by being alert and following the correct policy, processes and procedures to ensure we comply with legislation governing the restricted products.
At times we may need to decline the sale of restricted products to comply with the law, this policy and our related procedures. These situations can be challenging and we appreciate customers may not always be happy when a sale of restricted products is refused.
Vineonline team members are under no obligation to sell these restricted products if they feel it would breach this policy, or our related processes and procedures. We support our teams role in making the right decisions to ensure we are responsible and abiding with this policy.
If we, or any individual member of our team, is found to be in breach of the legislation around these restricted products the following could occur:
- a large personal fine to the person selling the products – up to $2,000
- criminal record
- possible disciplinary action that may result in termination of employment
- a large fine for the company
- the loss or suspension of our liquor license
We must not knowingly sell alcohol products to anyone under the age of 18. It is a criminal offence to allow the sale or supply of alcohol products to a minor (anyone under the age of 18).
- To help prevent the sale of alcohol products to anyone under the age of 18, our delivery partners may ask for proof of identification before delivering an order
- It is our policy that if appropriate identification is not supplied where requested, then the attempt to purchase alcohol products will be declined
- Customers must not knowingly provide incorrect information regarding their age or use Vineonline to supply others under the age of 18
- Additionally, Vineonline and our team will not knowingly sell alcohol to an intoxicated person
Accepted forms of ID
If a customer is asked for ID at the point of delivery, the following are accepted forms of photo identification:
Kiwi Access Card
HANZ 18+ identification card (while valid)
Valid, original passport (NZ or International)
NZ Drivers License